Plan and prepare for Dynamics 365 Finance in 2023 release wave 2
The 2023 release wave 2 plan covers all new functionalities planned to be delivered to market from October 2023 to March 2024. In this article, you'll find the product overview and what's new and planned for Dynamics 365 Finance.
To support their growth strategies, organizations require business agility, particularly in the face of increased competition and cost-cutting pressures. A solution that facilitates rapid decision-making is essential for companies seeking to reduce risk, obtain actionable insights quickly, and achieve cost savings. These factors are non-negotiable for CFOs.
This release of Dynamics 365 Finance focuses on achieving rapid innovation through automation, creating high-performing teams that can work smarter with AI, and optimize costs and take action faster with planning, forecasting, analytics, and insights.
Updates to Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance 2023 release wave 2 include:
- General availability of extended planning and analysis, which brings together operational and financial planning to continuously plan, act, and analyze.
- General availability of business performance analytics, which streamlines financial reporting by centralizing data from multiple business processes and in an easy-to-use interface.
- Further enhancements to invoice capture and AP automation with a new AP clerk workspace and support for the invoice journal.
- Enhancements to bank foreign currency revaluation, bank statement importing, and bank statement management.
- Expanding country coverage to additional LATAM countries of Bolivia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Peru, and Venezuela.
- Integration of Tax Calculation service with Project Operations and invoice registers, approvals, and pools.
- Delivery of regulatory updates to comply with tax digitization requirements including e-invoicing and SAF-T for Denmark, e-reporting for France, and e-invoicing for Australia, New Zealand, and Spain.
Copilot provides users with AI-powered assistance and helps resolve tasks more efficiently with less steps by guiding users through these tasks, empowering users with data, ensuring best decisions, and taking actions. These time savings enable faster execution of financial tasks and for users to spend time on more value-added activities.
Our core financials investments focus on bringing additional enhancements to core financial capabilities, enhancing end-to-end business processes across ERP, increasing automation, reporting and analytics, and reducing financial close time.
Customers run our solution globally and must meet multiple tax compliance and other local requirements (localization). We provide out-of-the-box localizations and continuous regulatory compliance for multiple countries and regions around the globe and in multiple languages, extended by partners. Our no-code/low-code Globalization Studio services automate complex tax scenarios and allow partners and customers to easily extend localizations. As a result, customers run our solution in over 200 countries and regions.
Our investments into Globalization Studio focus on expanding the out-of-the-box country coverage, enhancing tax automation and scalability, and addressing regulatory tax digitization trends and legislation changes in multiple countries.
We continuously monitor legislations in all out-of-the-box countries and regions and ship multiple regulatory updates per government deadlines. To follow our planned and released regulatory updates, go to Search for country-specific regulatory updates.
For more information on Globalization Studio, go to Globalization Studio documentation.
To learn more about the entire set of capabilities being delivered during this release wave, check out the release plan for Dynamics 365 Finance below:
For application administrators
User-impacting features to the user experience enabled automatically
User-impacting features should be reviewed by application administrators. This facilitates release change management and enables successful onboarding of new capabilities released to market. For the complete list, look for all features tagged "Users, automatically" in the release plan.
Features that must be enabled by application administrators
This release wave contains features that must be enabled or configured by administrators, makers, or business analysts to be available for their users. For the complete list, look for all features tagged "Users by admins, makers, or analysts" in the release plan.
Get the most out of Finance
|Release plan||View all capabilities included in the release.|
|Product updates||Stay up to date on latest product updates.|
|Release calendar||Know important release milestones.|
|Licensing||Improve your understanding of how to license Finance.|
|Product documentation||Find documentation for Finance.|
|User community||Engage with Finance experts and peers in the community.|
|Upcoming events||Find and register for in-person and online events.|
|Product trials||Get started with Finance.|