Microsoft Dynamics 365 - Service Update 246 Release Notes
Service Update 246 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 9.1.0 is now available. This article describes the hotfixes and updates that are included in Service Update 246.
Note: Service Update naming convention has been revised to clarify the link between the version number and Service Update number.
For example, Service Update 150 will now correspond to version number 150xx. Occasionally a Service Update will be canceled and all associated fixes will be rolled into a subsequent Service Update. For this reason, Service Update numbers may not always increase incrementally.
|Update package||Version number|
|Service Update 246 for Microsoft Dynamics 365 9.1.0||220.127.116.1107 (or higher)|
To determine whether your organization had this update applied, check your Microsoft Dynamics 365 version number. Click the gear icon in the upper-right corner, and then click About.
An (*) at the end of a fix statement denotes that this repair item was incorporated into multiple service update releases.
Service Update 246 resolves the following issues:
The following list details issues whose resolutions repair items in Dynamics that are not functioning.
- When viewing cases in the Customer Service Hub, the screen reader narrated the column headers as links instead of buttons.
- The user interface contained a luminosity level that was too low for the text within the search field of the lookup menu.
- The accessibility screen reader focus was lost after deleting a chat series within the Customer Service Hub.
- Improved the user experience for users using languages that read right to left.*
- Narrator/NVDA had not read the “Initial Status Reason" dropdown within the Customer Service Hub.
- On Android devices, the user interface was unresponsive when selecting buttons in the Unified Interface.*
- Added lines were missing after saving and reopening Notes within a workflow.
- The user interface displayed HTML tags when a Rich Text Editor, within a form, was in read-only mode.*
- When modifying the notes description within a record and saving the edits, the user interface did not reflect the changes.*
- On mobile devices in offline mode, when adding notes within the booking section of a work order form, the notes text box was prefilled with the word "undefined” rather than being blank.
- A blank screen was displayed when accessing the Bulk Email ribbon from a record, and selecting full screen.
- Meeting invites and reminder alerts were sent out for meetings created in the past.*
- When creating a workflow and assigning it to an owner, the new owner was not was applied and the workflow creator was listed as the owner.*
- Filter dropdowns in the activities tab had a black background causing text to be unreadable.*
- Word templates, within account records, were not sorted alphabetically.*
- An error occurred when updating an excel import that contained a Business Unit.
- When creating an email, the ribbon menu did not contain the "insert signature" button.
- When modifying a weekly schedule based on days, an option was labeled as "Custom" for daily modifications, instead of "Vary by day."*
- When adding a ConvertRule to a solution, the ConvertRule items workflows were not present.
- The “Resource Requirement Work Hours” window did load when modifying a calendar.*
- The “Resource Requirements Work Hours” window did not load all options when modifying a calendar within Resource Scheduling.*
- Attachment preview failed when previewing large PDF files, in the Chrome browser.
- When opening a form, the user interface displayed a duplicate border on the command bar.
- The user interface was unresponsive when selecting the "refresh all" option in the Dashboard.
- The options present after selecting the 'To' dropdown, when sending a Bulk Email, were not localized.
- When deleting a lead in an opportunity, the lead record remained visible and did not sync automatically.*
- When creating a product and adding a pricelist, the product was not visible in the suggestions dialog.
- When navigating an account form, the horizontal border on the command bar was not visible.
- On Android devices, the user interface was unresponsive when using the "Select" and "Sort" buttons in the Unified Interface.*
- Users without read privileges for email signature entities were unable to perform Reply/ReplyAll/Forward actions.*
- In Outlook on the web, command bar options did not display when selecting an email quick create form.*
- When creating an email, the user interface did not allow two unresolved email addresses.*
- When using the entity editor to create a custom entity while using Internet Explorer, the entity was not saved and synchronized in Outlook.
- Leads and Opportunities remained on the page after being deleted until the page was refreshed.*
- The “Update Offline Data” button did not display text in the Customer Service Hub on mobile.
- The Unified Interface had failed to load when opened in the Teams app.*
- The "Select" and "Sort" buttons in a grid page were unresponsive on mobile devices.*
- Unified Interface had failed to load when opened in Teams.*
- The "Select" and "Sort" buttons in a grid page did not respond on mobile.*
- On Android devices, the user interface was unresponsive when making selections in the Unified Interface.*
- The “Send direct email” button did not appear in the UCI until the page was refreshed.*
- In offline mode, the image label for the sitemap was an unclear symbol and was replaced by a "network lost" icon.*
- The “Update Offline Data” button did not display text in the Customer Service Hub on mobile devices.*
- On Android devices, when adding an image, video, recording, or attachment, to a note on the timeline, the operation was not reflected in the note.
- The user interface did not apply focus to the "Navigate to Other Applications" button within the Advanced settings.
- When navigating the "All Active Account Recovery Requests" with a keyboard, the user interface did not contain the tooltip for the "PST Case Notes" button.*
- When the Unified Interface was refreshed, all custom view pins were removed.
Error Messages, Exceptions, and Failures
The following list details issues whose resolutions correct actions that produce errors, unhandled exceptions, or system or component failures.
- An error occurred when selecting Teams, Business Unit or Queue controls within cases.*
- An error occurred when opening the timeline within any entity record.*
- An error occurred when attempting to Run Accessibility within contact records in the Customer Service Hub.
- An error occurred when attempting to publish all customizations.*
- The error message dialog for metadata retrieval did not contain the casting type.
- An error occurred when opening a file that did not include a file extension.*
- An error occurred when selecting a file without an extension for download.*
- An error occurred when saving an edit made to a Holiday record name.*
- An error containing unclear message dialog occurred when performing actions in offline and online mode.
- An error occurred when refreshing the browser when an item had been opened in the subgrid.*
- An occurred when attempting to save Appointments.
- An error occurred when performing a solution upgrade that did not include the SettingDefinition entity.*
- An error occurred when when accessing Activities in offline mode.
- An error occurred when switching from Offline to Online mode when using the field service application.*
- An error occurred when opening a record in the Unified Interface.
If you have any feedback on the release notes, please provide your thoughts here