Create a new warehouse layout
This article describes how to set up information about the locations in a warehouse. This applies only to warehouses created using "basic warehousing" in the Inventory management module, not to warehouses created in the Warehouse management module. You can use this procedure in demo data company USMF, or on your own data.
Set the default location capacity
- In the navigation pane, go to Modules > Inventory management > Setup > Inventory and warehouse management parameters.
- Select the Locations tab.
- In the Standard width field, enter a number.
- In the Standard depth field, enter a number.
- In the Standard height field, enter a number.
- Select Save.
- Close the page.
Define the location name format
- In the navigation pane, go to Modules > Inventory management > Setup > Inventory breakdown > Warehouses.
- Select New.
- In the Warehouse field, type a value.
- In the Name field, type a value.
- In the Site field, select the desired record in the lookup.
- Toggle the expansion of the Location names section. The options in this section define the default format for location names. In our example, we'll include the aisle number, rack number and shelf number.
- Set the Include aisle option to Yes.
- Set the Include rack option to Yes.
- In the Format field, for the rack, type a value.
- Set the Include shelf option to Yes.
- In the Format field, for the shelf, type a value.
Define warehouse locations
- On the Action Pane, select Warehouse.
- Select Location Wizard.
- Select Next.
- De-select the Outbound docks option
- De-select the Bulk locations option
- Select Next until you come to the option to select Finish.
- Close the page.
- Refresh the page.
Help us understand
Submit and view feedback for