Generate a constrained plan
This article explains how to create a plan that takes into account both material and capacity constraints. The plan ensures that manufacturing doesn't start before materials are available and resources are not overbooked.
The demo data company used to create this procedure is USMF. This procedure is intended for the production planner.
Set up a constrained plan
- In the home page, select the Master planning workspace.
- Select Master plans in the list of links on the far right side of the workspace.
- In the list, find and select the desired record. Example: StaticPlan
- Select Yes in the Finite capacity field.
- In the Finite capacity time fence field, enter
- Expand the Time fences in days section.
- Select Yes in the Capacity field.
- In the Capacity scheduling time fence (days) field, enter a number. Example:
- Select Yes in the Calculated delays field.
- In the Calculate delays time fence (days) field, enter a number. Example:
- Expand the Calculated delays section.
- Select Yes in all Add the calculated delay to the requirement date fields.
- Close the page.
Create a constrained plan
- Select Run.
- In the Master plan field, enter or select the plan for which you have set up constraints.
- Select OK.
- Select Planned orders.