Approve vendors for specific procurement categories
This article explains how to approve vendors for specific procurement categories in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management. When a purchase requisition is created, there may be a requirement to select an approved or preferred vendor, depending on how the purchasing policies are set up. This procedure shows you how to specify that a vendor is approved or preferred for a specific procurement category. This task would usually be carried out by a procurement professional. You can use this procedure in demo data company USMF.
- Go to Procurement and sourcing > Vendors > All vendors.
- Select the vendor that you want to set as an approved or preferred vendor for a category.
- On the Action Pane, select General.
- Select Categories.
- Select Add category.
- In the Category field, select OFFICE AND DESK ACCESSORIES (OFFICE AND DESK ACCESSORIES).
- In the Vendor category status field, select Preferred. It's possible to specify more than one preferred vendor for a category.
- Select Save.
- Go to Procurement and sourcing > Procurement categories.
- In the tree, select CORP PROCUREMENT CATEGORIES\OFFICE AND DESK ACCESSORIES.
- Expand the Vendors section. Check if the vendor that you selected appears as a preferred vendor for the Office and desk accessories category. If you're running this procedure as a task guide, you may have to select the Unlock button to be able to scroll down to the list of vendors. It's also possible to add preferred and approved vendors on this page.
- In the tree, expand OFFICE AND DESK ACCESSORIES and select Scissors.
- Select No in the Inherit vendors from parent category: field.
- Select Yes in the Inherit vendors from parent category: field.