Create a location profile
This article explains how to create a location profile in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management. Every location in the warehouse needs to have a location profile associated with it that describes the properties of the location, for example, whether the location allows mixed items. In this procedure we'll create a profile for a location that doesn't require license plate control. We'll enable mixed items, and mixed inventory statuses, and allow cycle counting. You can use this procedure in the USMF demo data company.
- Go to Warehouse management > Setup > Warehouse > Location profiles.
- Select New.
- In the Location profile ID field, type a value.
- In the Name field, type a value.
- In the Location format field, enter or select a value.
- In the Location type field, enter or select a value.
- In the Dock management profile ID field, enter or select a value.
- Select Yes in the Allow mixed items field.
- Select Yes in the Allow mixed inventory statuses field.
- Select Yes in the Allow cycle counting field.
- Select Save.
Submit and view feedback for