System diagnostics (Lifecycle Services, LCS)
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, see Microsoft Dynamics 365 product documentation. For the latest release plans, see Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
In Microsoft Dynamics Lifecycle Services, System diagnostics helps administrators monitor and understand the health of one or more Microsoft Dynamics AX environments. It is a cloud-based tool that has a locally-installed component that can be configured to perform the following tasks:
- Discover on-premises Microsoft Dynamics AX environments (database instances and Microsoft Dynamics AX Application Object Server (AOS) instances).
- Collect data from the environments that were discovered.
- Run rules on the collected data.
- Report rule violations on a dashboard.
- Provide reports.
Data is collected by using jobs that run on predefined schedules. The following diagram describes how System diagnostics and the locally-installed components interact. System diagnostic service
System diagnostics supports the following versions of Microsoft Dynamics AX:
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Feature Pack
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3
Before you can use the System diagnostics, you must complete the following tasks:
- Download and run the installer for the Diagnostic service.
- Run the Discovery wizard.
- Schedule or run data collection.
The following topics explain how to install and use System diagnostics.