Exchange Servers role
Applies to: Exchange Server 2013
Exchange Servers management role enables administrators to do the following on individual servers:
- Add and remove database availability groups and configure database copies.
- Enable, disable and configure Unified Messaging services.
- Modify transport configuration on Mailbox and Client Access servers.
- Enable and disable Microsoft Outlook Anywhere on Client Access servers.
- Modify Mailbox and Client Access server configuration.
- Modify Outlook Anywhere configuration on Client Access servers.
- Modify content filtering configuration on Mailbox servers.
- Modify general Exchange server configuration.
- Modify server monitoring configuration.
- View the configuration for each server role.
Default management role assignments
This role has role assignments to one or more role assignees. The following table indicates whether the role assignment is regular or delegating, and also indicates the management scopes applied to each assignment. The following list describes each column:
- Regular assignment: Regular role assignments enable the role assignee to access the permissions provided by the management role entries on this role.
- Delegating assignment: Delegating role assignments give the role assignee the ability to assign this role to role groups, users, or USGs.
- Recipient read scope: The recipient read scope determines what recipient objects the role assignee is allowed to read from Active Directory.
- Recipient write scope: The recipient write scope determines what recipient objects the role assignee is allowed to modify in Active Directory.
- Configuration read scope: The configuration read scope determines what configuration and server objects the role assignee is allowed to read from Active Directory.
- Configuration write scope: The configuration write scope determines what organizational and server objects the role assignee is allowed to modify in Active Directory.
Default management role assignments for this role
|Role group||Regular assignment||Delegating assignment||Recipient read scope||Recipient write scope||Configuration read scope||Configuration write scope|