Mail flow insights in the new Exchange admin center in Exchange Online
Admins can use the insights dashboard in the new Exchange admin center (new EAC) to discover issues with mail flow and take corrective action. If an item appears in the mail flow insights dashboard, you need to investigate and likely fix the issue.
The following mail flow insights are available:
- Fix possible mail loop insight
- Fix slow mail flow rules insight
- New domains being forwarded email insight
- New users forwarding email insight
- Domain expiring soon insight
- Mailboxes exceeding receiving limits insight
Permissions required to view and use mail flow insights
To use the mail flow insights to take corrective action, you need to be a member of one of the following role groups:
- Organization Management
- Security Administrator<sup>*
For read only access to the mail flow insights, you need to be a member of one of the following role groups:
- Security Reader*
- View-only Organization Management
- View-Only Recipients
<sup>* You manage these role groups in the Microsoft Entra admin center.
Where to find mail flow insights
To see the mail flow insights, open the new EAC at https://admin.exchange.microsoft.com and select Insights.
To go directly to the mail flow insights dashboard, open https://admin.exchange.microsoft.com/#/insights.