Mail flow reports in the new Exchange admin center in Exchange Online
Administrators can use mail flow reports in the new Exchange admin center (new EAC) to establish baselines and discover trends to fix issues related to mail flow in their organization.
Mail flow reports are currently not available in the GCC High or DoD environments.
The following mail flow reports are available:
- Auto forwarded messages report
- Email issues for priority accounts report
- Exchange transport rule report
- Inbound messages report
- Non-accepted domain report
- Non-delivery details report
- Outbound messages report
- Queued messages report
- SMTP AUTH clients report
- Top domain mail flow status report
- Mailboxes exceeding receiving limits report
- Dynamic Distribution Groups report
- Reply-all storm protection report
- Outbound messages in Transit Security report
Permissions required to view mail flow reports
To view and use mail flow reports, you need to be a member of one of the following role groups in Exchange Online:
- Compliance Administrator
- Exchange Administrator
- Organization Management
- Security Administrator<sup>*
- Security Reader*
- View-Only Recipients
<sup>* You manage these role groups in the Microsoft Entra admin center (https://aad.portal.azure.com).
Where to find mail flow reports
Open the new EAC at https://admin.exchange.microsoft.com, expand Reports, and then select Mail flow.
To go directly to the mail flow reports, open https://admin.exchange.microsoft.com/#/reports/mailflowreportsmain.