How to change your user photo in Microsoft 365
Original KB number: 2986893
To update your user photo in Microsoft 365, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Microsoft 365, or Outlook on the web.
- Select the circle in the upper-right corner of the page that shows your initials or an icon of a person.
- In the My accounts window, select the circle that shows your initials or an icon of a person.
- In the Change your photo pop-up window, select Upload a new photo, and then select and upload your photo.
- Select Apply to set your user photo.
In Microsoft 365, user photos are stored in the following locations:
- A low-resolution photo (less than 100 KB) is stored in the user's
ThumbnailPhotoattribute in Active Directory. This is the photo that's synchronized to Microsoft 365 in a hybrid environment. Low-resolution photos are used by Lync 2010.
- A high-resolution photo is stored in the root directory of the user's Exchange Online mailbox. High-resolution photos are displayed in Exchange Online, Lync 2013, Skype for Business and Teams.
Still need help? Go to Microsoft Community.