Delays in provisioning of user/mailbox or synchronizing changes in Exchange Online
When a user is created or changed in Microsoft 365, or synced to Azure Active Directory from the on-premises environment, no mailbox is provisioned for the user, or the change isn't reflected in Exchange Online.
Here's how to fix this issue:
- If a mailbox hasn't been created, make sure the user was assigned a valid Exchange Online license in the Microsoft 365 Admin Portal.
- After the license has been assigned or the user's properties modified, allow 30 minutes for the change to apply.
- Make sure the user doesn't receive a validation error. For more information about viewing validation errors, see this article.
- Check if a Service Health notification in the Microsoft 365 admin portal applies.
- The service typically takes less than 30 minutes to provision a user or to sync changes for a user. It could take up to 24 hours for provisioning to occur or for changes to sync. If the issue persists after 24 hours, submit a support service request.