What is Microsoft Cloud for Sustainability?
Microsoft Cloud for Sustainability empowers organizations to accelerate sustainability progress and business growth by bringing together a set of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) capabilities across the Microsoft cloud portfolio plus solutions from our global ecosystem of partners.
Together, we're enabling organizations to gain the transparency and insights they need to manage their environmental footprint, embed sustainability through their organization and value chain, and create new value in a changing landscape.
At Microsoft, sustainability is at the core of our business, and it has been for more than a decade—extending from optimizing our own operations to building a community of customers and partners learning and working together to advance their sustainability ambitions. Through collaboration, the delivery of dedicated sustainability solutions, and investments in climate equity and innovation, we are committed to driving transformation to build the world every person and organization on the planet needs to thrive.
Unify data intelligence
Gain the visibility required to effectively drive sustainability reporting, sustainability efforts, and business transformation.
- Streamline data ingestion, integration, and calculations.
- Analyze and report environmental impact and sustainability progress.
More information: Unify data intelligence
Build a sustainable IT infrastructure
Identify opportunities to replace tools, systems, or activities with cleaner options and add business value.
- Create carbon and energy efficiencies in the cloud.
- Assess, monitor, and help improve compliance posture with global, regional, and industry regulations and standards.
- Adopt technologies that are sustainable by design.
More information: Build a sustainable IT infrastructure
Reduce environmental impact of operations
Minimize the environmental footprint of your operational systems and processes.
- Create energy efficiencies and transition to clean energy.
- Modernize fleets and transportation.
- Reduce the environmental impact of buildings, spaces, and equipment.
- Enable seamless collaboration about goals and progress.
More information: Reduce environmental impact of operations
Create sustainable value chains
Facilitate greater transparency and accountability through your value chain, from sourcing of materials through end of use.
- Increase value chain transparency.
- Create more sustainable products and services.
- Optimize materials and product logistics.
More information: Create sustainable value chains