Office Scripts API reference
The Office Scripts API lets you automate common tasks in Excel. Use this reference documentation to learn more about the classes, methods, and other types available for your scripts. All the objects accessible through Office Scripts can be found in the table of contents on the left of the page.
The following list breaks down the basics of the Office Scripts object model. This shows the common classes and how they relate to one another.
- A Workbook contains one or more Worksheets.
- A Worksheet gives access to cells through Range objects.
- A Range represents a group of contiguous cells.
- Ranges are used to create and place Tables, Charts, Shapes, and other data visualization or organization objects.
- A Worksheet contains arrays filled with those objects that are present in the individual sheet.
- A Workbook contains arrays of some of those data objects for the entire Workbook.
For more information about the Office Scripts object model, visit Fundamentals for Office Scripts in Excel