The Marketing version 202209 (Marketing September 2022) and below has been sunset and the unversioned APIs are going to be sunset soon. We recommend that you migrate to the versioned APIs as well as migrate to the new Content and Community Management APIs to avoid disruptions. See the Migration page for more details. If you haven’t yet migrated and have questions, submit a request on the LinkedIn Developer Support Portal.
A Conversation Ad is a LinkedIn ad format that allows advertisers to deliver pre-determined messages to an inbox of a targeted LinkedIn member. It provides a chat-like experience between both the member and the advertiser. The Conversation Ads API allows advertisers to deliver customizable, branded messages directly to members' LinkedIn messaging inboxes.
Within our API, Conversation Ads are represented by the Sponsored Conversation entity. Sponsored Conversations are composed of Sponsored Message Content.
Create a Conversation Ad
- Create an Ad Campaign.
- Create a Sponsored Conversation.
- If you use attachments in a conversation, upload
SponsoredMessageContent Assetto the Images API using these steps.
- Create a tree of
SponsoredMessageContentto represent a conversation.
SponsoredConversationwith reference to the first
- Create an AdInMailContent using GuidedReplies as sub-content by using the Urn of the completed Sponsored Conversation.
- Create a DRAFT conversation ad creative. See Create a Conversation Ad.
- Test the DRAFT conversation ad.
- Make any necessary modifications based on testing.
The creative should be in DRAFT status.
- Activate the creative by updating the creative status to ACTIVE.
The creative will be directed to the review queue after activation.