Account Structure and Hierarchy
The Marketing version 202209 (Marketing September 2022) and below has been sunset and the unversioned APIs are going to be sunset soon. We recommend that you migrate to the versioned APIs as well as migrate to the new Content and Community Management APIs to avoid disruptions. See the Migration page for more details. If you haven’t yet migrated and have questions, submit a request on the LinkedIn Developer Support Portal.
A Sponsored Account or an Ad Account is the overarching entity under which campaigns are managed at LinkedIn. Our Advertising Structure is as follows
Here’s a comparison with other platforms
|2||Ad Group||Ad Set||Campaign|
Account, Campaign and Creative Restrictions
- A Sponsored Account can have a maximum of 5,000 campaigns, regardless of campaign status.
- A Sponsored Account can have any number of campaign groups.
- A non-default Campaign Group can have a maximum of 2000 campaigns.
- A Sponsored Account on LinkedIn can have a maximum of 1,000 campaigns in ACTIVE status.
- A Campaign can have a maximum of 15 active creatives and 85 inactive creatives.
- All billing is managed at the
- We do not offer Billing APIs.
- Advertisers need to log into Campaign Manager to setup billing.