Add or change device password on Intune-enrolled device
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
Intune Company Portal notifies you when the password, PIN, or passcode on your enrolled device conflicts with your organization's security requirements. Password requirements are put in place to prevent unauthorized individuals from gaining access to the work or school data on your device. Until you create a more secure device password, you may be blocked from accessing your org's network.
Company Portal sends one message per password requirement. For example, if your password is too short and too simple, you'll receive one message about the length and one message about the complexity.
Change password, passcode, PIN
The following resources describe how to secure devices running Windows 10/11, iOS/iPadOS, macOS, and Android.
- Set Windows device password (opens Microsoft Support docs)
- Set iOS device passcode (opens Apple Support docs)
- Change login password on Mac
- Set screen lock on Android device (opens Android Help docs)
For a list and description of all password-related messages, see Device password messages in Company Portal.
Still need help?
- If you still receive password-related messages after updating your password, try restarting your device.
- Password requirements are determined by your organization's policies. For questions about specific messages, contact your IT support person. Check the Company Portal app or Company Portal website for your organization's helpdesk information.