Change User Access Control setting
The User Access Control settings help prevent potentially harmful programs and software from making changes to your device. If you've received a message about adjusting these controls, it means that your organization requires your device to have more protection from User Access Control.
Adjust protection level
- Go to Start and open Control Panel.
- Select System and Security.
- Under Security and Maintenance, select Change User Account Control settings.
- Move the slider to one of the following levels:
- Notify me when apps try to make changes to my computer
- Always notify
- Select OK to save your changes.
- Select Yes when prompted to confirm the changes.
Check device settings
After you make changes to User Account Control, return to Company Portal and sync your device.
- Open Company Portal for Windows.
- Select Settings.
- Select Sync.
Still need help? Contact your IT support person. For contact information, see the Company Portal website.
Submit and view feedback for