Microsoft MPI (MS-MPI) is a Microsoft implementation of the Message Passing Interface standard for developing and running parallel applications on the Windows platform.
MS-MPI offers several benefits:
- Ease of porting existing code that uses MPICH.
- Security based on Active Directory Domain Services.
- High performance on the Windows operating system.
- Binary compatibility across different types of interconnectivity options.
MS-MPI Source Code
Microsoft MPI source code is available on GitHub.
The following are current downloads for MS-MPI:
Earlier versions of MS-MPI are available from the Microsoft Download Center.
Microsoft High Performance Computing Resources
- Featured tutorial: How to compile and run a simple MS-MPI program
- Featured guide: Set up a Windows RDMA cluster with HPC Pack and A8 and A9 instances to run MPI applications
- Microsoft High Performance Computing for Developers
- Overview of Microsoft HPC Pack 2019
- Azure HPC Scenarios