Migrate Google files to Microsoft 365 for business with Migration Manager
When you move to Microsoft 365 for business from Google Workspace, you'll want to migrate your files from Google Drive. You can use the SharePoint Migration Manager to move files from personal and shared Drives. This video and summary of the required steps gives you an overview of how to do this. For more information, see Migrate Google Workspace to Microsoft 365 with Migration Manager.
Watch: Migrate Google files to Microsoft 365 for business
Check out this video and others on our YouTube channel.
Migration Manager will make a copy of the files and move the copies to Microsoft 365 for business. The original files will stay in Google Drives also.
Before you start
All the users should have signed in to Microsoft 365 for business and set up their OneDrive for Business. To do this, go to office.com, sign in with your Microsoft 365 for business credentials, and then choose OneDrive.
Currently, Migration Manager isn't available for Google on any of the Government clouds.
Install the Microsoft 365 Migration App
Use the following steps to install the Microsoft 365 Migration app in your Google Workspace environment.
- In the SharePoint Admin Center, select Migration.
- On the Migration page, in the Google Workspace section, select Get Started.
- On the Migrate your Google Workspace content to Microsoft 365 page, select Connect to Google Workspace.
- Select Install and authorize.
- On the Google Workspace Marketplace page, select Sign in and enter your Google Workspace admin credentials.
- Select Domain Install.
- Select Continue.
- Select the checkbox, then select Allow.
- When the installation completes, select Done.
- Return to the Install the migration app page, and select Next.
- Select Sign in to Google Workspace, and then enter your Google Workspace admin credentials.
- Select Finish.
Select and scan your drives
After installing the Microsoft 365 Migration App in your Google environment, you can now select the drives you want to migrate and then scan them to make sure that they are safe to copy to Microsoft 365.
- On the Scan tab, select the Google drives you want to copy to Microsoft 365.
- Select Scan. When the scan completes, the drives will show a scan status of Ready to migrate.
- Select Copy to migration.
Start the migration
After selecting and scanning the drives you want to migrate, use the following steps to migrate them.
- On the Migration tab, verify the destination paths of the drives you want to migrate. Edit them if needed.
- Select the drives you want to migrate, then select Migrate.
- When migration successfully completes, each drive will show a Migration status of Completed.