Move files to OneDrive for Business
Check out all of our small business content on Small business help & learning.
Check out Microsoft 365 small business help on YouTube.
Watch: Move your files to OneDrive for Business
Check out this video and others on our YouTube channel.
After you sign up for a Microsoft 365 for business subscription, you'll want to copy your existing personal or work files to OneDrive for work. OneDrive is a good place to store work files or sensitive business files that you want to control access to.
In this video, we'll show you how to move your OneDrive files from Microsoft 365 Family folder to your Microsoft 365 for business OneDrive folder.
- Select the white or blue OneDrive cloud icon in the Windows taskbar notification area.
- Select the Help and settings icon, then Settings > Account > Add an account.
- Enter your email address, select Sign in, and enter your password. Select Next.
- Go through the short tutorial, and then select Open my OneDrive folder. If you also use the personal version of OneDrive, you'll see it here.
- In File Explorer, go to the files you want to copy.
- Select the files, and then drag and drop them into your OneDrive folder. Blue circular arrows beside your files mean that they're syncing to the cloud. When they're done syncing, green check marks are displayed.
In addition to working on your OneDrive files locally, you can access them from your web browser:
- In your web browser, sign in to office.com with your work email.
- Choose OneDrive. All of your files are listed, and you can work on them in the browser from any computer.
When multiple users use a shared computer and sync files via OneDrive locally, the available storage might be consumed very quickly.