No billing account found for buying products
If you recently became a Global admin for your organization but aren't able to buy or edit anything in the Billing pages of the Microsoft 365 admin center, you might be missing the Billing account owner role needed to do those tasks. For example, if you try to buy a new subscription on the Purchase services page, you might see a notification that says, "You don't have any billing accounts for buying products." If this happens, you can give yourself the Billing account owner role needed to buy and edit products.
If you're a Billing admin and can't buy or edit products, or if you're a Global Reader who can't view the billing account, ask your Global admin to assign you the role you need.
Before you begin
You must be a Global admin to do the steps described in this article. For more information, see About admin roles.
Assign the correct Billing account role to yourself or others
If you're not the first Global admin on the account, use the following steps to give yourself the role you need to buy and edit products for your organization. You can also use these steps to assign the correct roles to Billing admins and Global readers who need to access the billing account.
- In the Microsoft 365 admin center, go to the Billing > Billing accounts page.
- Select the billing account name.
- At the bottom of the page, under Billing account roles, select Assign roles.
- Enter your name or email address, or the name or email address for the person you're assigning the role to, then select it.
- Select the appropriate Role based on the following criteria:
- If you're a Global Administrator, select the Billing account owner role.
- If the person you're assigning a role to is a Billing Administrator, select the Billing account contributor role.
- If the person you're assigning a role to is a Global Reader, select the Billing account reader role.
- Select Assign.