Enable teachers to delete conversations in Microsoft Teams
Some of the URLs in this article will take you to another document set. If you would like to maintain your place in this document set's table of contents, please right click on URLs to open them in a new window.
Teachers have owner permissions for classes they have created or been added to as a co-teacher. Only IT Administrators can edit Messaging permissions for Microsoft Teams and grant teachers the ability to delete messages in team channels. To make these changes as an IT administrator, you first need to log into the Microsoft Teams admin center.
- Sign in to the Microsoft Teams admin center with your school account.
- Navigate to Messaging policies.
- Select the policy you would like to edit.
- Update Owners can delete sent messages to “On”.
- Navigate to Users.
- Select desired user and navigate to Policies.
- Select Edit.
- Select messaging policy that was updated in steps 2-4.
- Select Apply.
Microsoft Teams Getting Started Guide for IT Admins
Microsoft Teams Getting Started Guide for School Leaders