Optimize ASR rule deployment and detections
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 1
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 2
- Microsoft 365 Defender
Want to experience Defender for Endpoint? Sign up for a free trial.
The Attack surface management card is an entry point to tools in Microsoft 365 Defender portal that you can use to:
- Understand how ASR rules are currently deployed in your organization.
- Review ASR detections and identify possible incorrect detections.
- Analyze the impact of exclusions and generate the list of file paths to exclude.
Select Go to attack surface management > Reports > Attack surface reduction rules > Add exclusions. From there, you can navigate to other sections of Microsoft 365 Defender portal.
To access Microsoft 365 Defender portal, you need a Microsoft 365 E3 or E5 license and an account that has certain roles on Azure Active Directory. Read about required licenses and permissions.
For more information about ASR rule deployment in Microsoft 365 Defender portal, see Monitor and manage ASR rule deployment and detections.
Submit and view feedback for