Device health reports in Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Microsoft 365 Defender
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 1
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 2
- Microsoft Defender for Business
Want to experience Microsoft Defender for Endpoint? Sign up for a free trial.
The Device Health report provides information about the devices in your organization. The report includes trending information showing the sensor health state, antivirus status, OS platforms, Windows 10 versions, and Microsoft Defender Antivirus update versions.
For Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016 to appear in device health reports, these devices must be onboarded using the modern unified solution package. For more information, see New functionality in the modern unified solution for Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2016.
In the Microsoft 365 Security dashboard navigation panel, select Reports, and then open Device health and compliance. The Device health and compliance dashboard is structured in two tabs:
The Sensor health & OS tab provides general operating system information, divided into three cards that display the following device attributes:
The Microsoft Defender Antivirus health tab has eight cards that report on aspects of Microsoft Defender Antivirus:
Report access permissions
To access the Device health and antivirus compliance report in the Microsoft 365 Security dashboard, the following permissions are required:
|Permission name||Permission type|
|View Data||Threat and vulnerability management (TVM)|
To Assign these permissions:
- Sign in to Microsoft 365 Defender using account with Security administrator or Global administrator role assigned.
- In the navigation pane, select Settings > Endpoints > Roles (under Permissions).
- Select the role you'd like to edit.
- Select Edit.
- In Edit role, on the General tab, in Role name, type a name for the role.
- In Description type a brief summary of the role.
- In Permissions, select View Data, and under View Data select Threat and vulnerability management (TVM).
Submit and view feedback for