- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 1
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 2
- Microsoft Defender Vulnerability Management
- Microsoft Defender XDR
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
Want to experience Defender for Endpoint? Sign up for a free trial.
Follow the corresponding instructions depending on your preferred deployment method.
The status of a device will be switched to Inactive 7 days after offboarding.
Offboarded devices' data (such as Timeline, Alerts, Vulnerabilities, etc.) will remain in the portal until the configured retention period expires.
The device's profile (without data) will remain in the Devices List for no longer than 180 days.
In addition, devices that are not active in the last 30 days are not factored in on the data that reflects your organization's Defender Vulnerability Management exposure score and Microsoft Secure Score for Devices.
Offboard Windows devices
- Offboard devices using a local script
- Offboard devices using Group Policy
- Offboard devices using Mobile Device Management tools
Offboard non-Windows devices
Do you want to learn more? Engage with the Microsoft Security community in our Tech Community: Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Tech Community.