Exposure score in Defender Vulnerability Management
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 2
- Microsoft Defender Vulnerability Management
- Microsoft 365 Defender
Some information relates to prereleased product which may be substantially modified before it's commercially released. Microsoft makes no warranties, express or implied, with respect to the information provided here.
Want to experience Microsoft Defender Vulnerability Management? Learn more about how you can sign up to the Microsoft Defender Vulnerability Management public preview trial.
Your exposure score is visible in the Defender Vulnerability Management dashboard of the Microsoft 365 Defender portal. It reflects how vulnerable your organization is to cybersecurity threats. Low exposure score means your devices are less vulnerable from exploitation.
- Quickly understand and identify high-level takeaways about the state of security in your organization.
- Detect and respond to areas that require investigation or action to improve the current state.
- Communicate with peers and management about the impact of security efforts.
The card gives you a high-level view of your exposure score trend over time. Any spikes in the chart give you a visual indication of a high cybersecurity threat exposure that you can investigate further.
How it works
The exposure score is broken down into the following levels:
- 0-29: low exposure score
- 30-69: medium exposure score
- 70-100: high exposure score
You can remediate the issues based on prioritized security recommendations to reduce the exposure score. Each software has weaknesses that are transformed into recommendations and prioritized based on risk to the organization.
Reduce your vulnerability exposure
Lower your vulnerability exposure by remediating security recommendations. Make the most impact to your exposure score by remediating the top security recommendations, which can be viewed in the Defender Vulnerability Management dashboard.
Submit and view feedback for