Microsoft Defender XDR preview features
Want to experience Microsoft Defender XDR? Learn more about how you can evaluate and pilot Microsoft Defender XDR.
- Microsoft Defender XDR
The Microsoft Defender XDR service is constantly being updated to include new feature enhancements and capabilities.
Learn about new features in the Microsoft Defender XDR preview release and be among the first to try upcoming features by turning on the preview experience.
For more information on new capabilities that are generally available, see What's new in Microsoft Defender XDR.
What you need to know
When working with features in public preview, these features:
- May have restricted or limited functionality. For example, the feature may only apply to one platform.
- Typically go through feature changes before they're generally available (GA).
- Are fully supported by Microsoft.
- May only be available in selected geographic regions or cloud environments. For example, the feature may not exist in the government cloud.
- Individual features in preview may have more usage and support restrictions. If so, this information is typically noted in the feature documentation.
- The preview versions are provided with a standard support level, and can be used for production environments.
Accounts assigned the following Microsoft Entra roles can turn on Microsoft Defender XDR Preview features:
- Global administrator
- Security administrator
- Security Operator
Turn on preview features
You'll have access to upcoming features that you can provide feedback on to help improve the overall experience before features are generally available.
Turn on the preview experience setting to be among the first to try upcoming features.
- In the navigation pane, select Settings.
- Select Microsoft 365 Defender.
- Select Preview features > Turn on preview features.
- Select Save.
You'll know you have preview features turned on when you see that the Turn on preview features check box is selected.
Do you want to learn more? Engage with the Microsoft Security community in our Tech Community: Microsoft Defender XDR Tech Community.