Create a custom meeting template in Microsoft Teams
Some features described in this article require Teams Premium
Microsoft Teams custom meeting templates (a Teams Premium feature) allow you to specify values for many of the meeting settings available to meeting organizers. Templates can configure settings that meeting organizers can change or can lock settings so that meeting organizers can't change them. For more information about custom meeting templates, see Overview of custom meeting templates in Microsoft Teams.
You can create up to 50 custom templates. See Manage meeting templates in Microsoft Teams for information on how to manage which templates are available to your users.
For each option in the template, you can define the following:
- Default value - This is the value that is applied to a meeting when the template is used.
- Visible - This determines if the meeting organizer can see this setting in the meeting options.
- Lock status - This determines if the meeting organizer can change the setting that was set by the template. If the setting is locked, the meeting organizer can't change it.
To create a custom meeting template
- In the Teams admin center, expand Meetings and select Meeting templates.
- Select Add
- Type a name and description for the template.
- Choose the settings that you want to use for this template. (See the sections below for descriptions of each setting.)
- To prevent the meeting organizer from changing a setting, select the setting and then select lock.
- To prevent the meeting organizer from seeing a setting, select the setting and then select Hide.
- Select Save.
Once the template has been created, it may take up to 24 hours to be available to your users.
|Sensitivity label||Specifies the meeting sensitivity label to be used for the meeting. Note that the sensitivity label may override certain settings in the template.|
|Who can bypass the lobby?||Specifies who can bypass the lobby and join the meeting directly.|
|People dialing in can bypass the lobby||Specifies if people calling in by phone can bypass the lobby and join the meeting directly.|
|Enable meeting end-to-end encryption||Specify if you want the meeting to use end-to-end encryption. Recording and transcription won't work if this is on.|
|Apply a watermark to shared content||Specifies if a watermark is overlaid on content that is shared on screen in the meeting.|
|Apply a watermark to everyone's video feed||Specifies if a watermark is overlaid on attendees video feeds in the meeting.|
Audio and video
|Allow mic for attendees||When On, attendees can unmute.|
|Allow camera for attendees||When On, attendees can turn on their cameras.|
Recording and transcription
|Record meetings automatically||When On meetings are recorded automatically.|
|Who can record meetings?||Specifies whether meetings can be recorded by organizers only or by organizers and presenters.|
|Notify when callers join and leave||Specify if you want a sound to play when people calling in by phone join or leave the meeting.|
|Attendees can chat||Specifies if the meeting chat is available. Can also be used to prevent chat before and after the meeting.|
|Attendees can use reactions||Specifies if attendees can use reactions in the meeting. This must be On for the raise hand feature to work.|
|Enable Q&A||Specifies if attendees can use the Q&A feature to ask questions during the meeting.|
|Manage what attendees see||When On, meeting organizers can preview and approve content being shared on screen before other meeting participants can see it.|
Overview of custom meeting templates in Microsoft Teams
Use Teams meeting templates, sensitivity labels, and admin policies together
Submit and view feedback for