Install Teams Toolkit in Visual Studio
We've introduced the important changes in Teams Toolkit extension within Microsoft Visual Studio v17.7 with many new app development features. We recommend that you use Teams Toolkit v17.7 for building your Teams app.
You can learn how to install Teams Toolkit and enjoy enhanced experience for app development.
Install Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio
Download and open Visual Studio installer.
Select Install. If you've already installed Visual Studio, select Modify.
Visual Studio installer shows all workloads.
From the installation screen, perform the following steps:
- Select Workloads > ASP.NET and web development.
- On the right pane, go to Installation details > Optional and then select Microsoft Teams development tools.
- Select Install. Visual Studio is installed and a pop-up apears.
The Visual Studio 2022 window appears.
The Microsoft Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) manifest contain definitions of all the attributes of an Azure AD application object in the Microsoft identity platform.
Before installing Teams Toolkit for Visual Studio, you need to download and install Visual Studio 2022 using the Visual Studio Installer.
It's recommend you use Visual Studio 2022 version 17.4.1 or later for Teams Toolkit. It is the latest release to fix several known issues in previous versions of Visual Studio.
Download the Visual Studio installer, or open it if already installed.
Select Install or select Modify if you've already installed Visual Studio.
Visual Studio installer shows all workloads, whether installed or available for installation.
Select the following options to install Teams Toolkit:
- Select the Workloads tab, then select the ASP.NET and web development workload.
- On the right, select the Microsoft Teams development tools in the Optional section of the Installation details panel.
- Select Install.
After the installation completes, select Launch to open Visual Studio.
Teams Toolkit menu options are available in Visual Studio only when an app project created using Teams Toolkit is open.