Clear the Teams client cache
If you're experiencing issues that affect Microsoft Teams, clearing the cache on your device may help. After you clear the cache, restart Teams.
- You won't lose any user data by clearing the cache.
- Restarting Teams after you clear the cache might take longer than usual because the Teams cache files have to be rebuilt.
Clear Teams cache in Windows
- If Teams is still running, right-click the Teams icon in the taskbar, and then select Quit.
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows logo key +R.
- In the Run dialog box, enter %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams, and then select OK.
- Delete all files and folders in the %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams directory.
- Restart Teams.
Clear Teams cache in macOS
If Teams is still running, right-click the Teams icon in the dock, and then select Quit, or press Command (⌘)-Q.
In the Finder, open the /Applications/Utilities folder, and then double-click Terminal.
Enter the following command, and then press Return:
rm -r ~/Library/Application\ Support/Microsoft/Teams