Fix Outlook connection problems by upgrading to the latest version
Original KB number: 2972952
If the latest updates for Outlook aren't applied, you may experience the following problems:
- You're intermittently or repeatedly prompted for your password.
- You're unable to set up a mail profile.
- You're unable to connect to a mailbox.
- You experience feature-related issues (Mail, Calendar, or Contacts issues, for example).
To fix these problems, set up Office to automatically update to the latest version. To do this, use one of the following methods, as appropriate for your situation.
- Start an Office 2013 program.
- On the File tab, select Office Account or Account.
- Do one of the following:
- If you see an Update Options button, select Enable Updates. Or, if updates are already enabled, but you're not running the latest build of Outlook, select Update Now.
- If you don't see an Update Options button, see Install Office updates to install the latest updates.
Office 2010 and the 2007 Microsoft Office system
See Install Office updates to install the latest updates.
Still need help? Go to Microsoft Community.