Sell Microsoft Azure reservations to customers using Partner Center, the Azure portal, or APIs
Appropriate roles: Admin agent | Global admin | Helpdesk agent | Sales agent | User management admin
As a partner in the Cloud Solution Provider program (CSP), you can buy, sell, or manage Azure reservations for customers. Use Partner Center, the Azure portal, or the Partner Center API.
This article applies only to partners in CSP. Customers using other types of subscriptions (such as, pay-as-you-go, individual, Microsoft Customer Agreement, or Enterprise Agreement subscriptions) should instead read this Azure reservations documentation.
Partners in the CSP program can offer their customers Microsoft Azure reservations. Customers can gain significant savings when they reserve in advance. Azure reservations offer customers simplicity and flexibility in the following ways:
- One or three-year reservation terms
- Easy to get started; setup completed in seconds
- Cancel or exchange reserved instances at any time for adjusted refund
- Manage reserved instances usage at the organizational or individual department level
Azure reservations can appeal to customers in the following ways:
- Reservations can offer significant savings over pay-as-you-go (PAYG) pricing
- Better budgeting and forecasting with upfront payment for one-year or three-year terms
- Prioritized computing capacity in the Azure region closest to their offices
- Azure reservations provide the foundation for end to end infrastructure solutions when combined with software like Microsoft Windows Server and Azure SQL Database
You can buy, sell, and manage Azure reservations in both the Partner Center and the Azure portal, and using the Partner Center API. You can also give your customers permission to buy their own Azure reservations from an Azure subscription you purchased for them. Follow the links below to learn how.
Azure reservations resources
|For information about||Read this|
|Azure reservations documentation for your customers||What are Azure reservations?|
|Purchasing Azure reservations for your customers in Partner Center||Buy Azure reservations|
|Managing Azure reservations in Partner Center||Managing Azure reservations in Partner Center|
|Determining the correct VM size and verifying customer VM usage||VM sizing for maximum Azure reservation usage|
|Purchasing Azure reservations using the Partner Center API||Purchase Azure Reserved VM Instances in the Partner Center developer documentation|
|Giving customers permission to buy their own Azure reservations from your CSP subscription.||Give customers permission to buy their own Azure reservations|