Sample: Send an email using a template
This sample shows how to send an email message by using a template using the SendEmailFromTemplateRequest message. You can download the sample from here.
How to run this sample
- Download or clone the Samples repo so that you have a local copy.
- (Optional) Edit the cds/App.config file to define a connection string specifying the Microsoft Dataverse instance you want to connect to.
- Open the sample solution in Visual Studio and press F5 to run the sample. After you specify a connection string in cds/App.config, any sample you run will use that connection information.
If you do not specify a connection string in cds/App.config file, a dialog will open each time you run the sample and you will need to enter information about which Dataverse instance you want to connect to and which credentials you want to use. This dialog will cache previous connections so that you can choose a previously used connection.
Those samples in this repo that require a connection to a Dataverse instance to run will include a linked reference to the cds/App.config file.
What this sample does
SendEmailFromTemplateRequest message is intended to be used in a scenario where it contains data that is needed to send an email message using a template.
How this sample works
In order to simulate the scenario described in What this sample does, the sample will do the following:
- Checks for the current version of the org.
- Creates a contact record to send an email to (To: column).
To:activity party for the email.
- Creates an email message.
QueryExpressionqueries to get one of the email template of type
SendEmailFromTemplateRequestsends an email message by using a template.
Display an option to delete the sample data that is created in Setup. The deletion is optional in case you want to examine the tables and data created by the sample. You can manually delete the records to achieve the same result.
Submit and view feedback for