Scenarios for integrating SharePoint with Power Apps
You can connect a canvas app with sites from SharePoint Online, or on-premises SharePoint farms using the on-premises data gateway. Create different connections for different lists or libraries from the SharePoint sites.
In this section, you'll learn about common scenarios when working with an app that connects to SharePoint.
Getting started with scenarios
Articles in this section explain individual and short scenarios when working with SharePoint integration with canvas app.
- Filter a search list in an app
- Use drop-down lists with choices from lookup columns in a list
- Customize an app screen based on column status inside a list
- Work with permissions in a lookup list from a SharePoint site
- Create SharePoint integrated canvas apps from scratch to view, edit, add, and delete list items
SharePoint integration documentation
In addition to the SharePoint integration scenarios, refer to the following articles about different SharePoint integration features with canvas apps.
|SharePoint Connectors documentation||SharePoint connector documentation with list of available regions and products.|
|Power Apps SharePoint connector documentation||An introduction to the use of SharePoint connector in Power Apps with basic example.|
|Create an app from SharePoint||Create a canvas app from SharePoint quickly.|
|List form integration||Understand list integration and customization.|
|SharePoint Online integration business process scenario||An end-to-end walkthrough of a business process scenario for integrating SharePoint Online with Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI.|
Other SharePoint examples
Some additional samples and step-by-step guides available for different SharePoint integration areas are:
- Install and configure the Help Desk sample in Power Apps.
- Link lists using a lookup field in Power Apps.
- Add list to a collection.
- Formula reference for Power Apps
- Control reference for Power Apps
Submit and view feedback for