Start to build with Power Automate
Here are some of the ways you can extend your application with Power Automate:
- Create and connect to a custom connector.
- Share your custom connector with all Power Automate users.
- Embed the flow experience within an app.
- Highlight all custom connectors so that users can interact with Power Automate in the best way for them.
- A Power Automate account.
Create a custom connector
If you have a web service to which you want to connect from Power Automate, you'll first need to create a custom connector. When you register a custom connector, you teach Power Automate about the characteristics of your web service, including the authentication it requires, the triggers and actions that it supports, and the parameters and outputs for each of those actions.
Follow this tutorial to learn how to create and use custom APIs. After you register your custom connector, you can share it within your organization for testing.
Share a custom connector with all Power Automate users
After you fully test your custom connector, get your connector certified to have it approved by Microsoft for sharing with all other Power Automate users.
Embed the flow experience into your website or app
You can embed Power Automate into your app to enable deep, in-context integration between your app and all other services that Power Automate supports. For example, you can:
- Browse all templates that relate to your service and let users select a template.
- Manage the flows that users have related to your app.
Learn how to embed Power Automate into your app.