Power BI Microsoft Teams app enhancements
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new in Power BI?. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||Apr 1, 2021||-|
The Power BI app in Microsoft Teams helps every team infuse data into their collaboration and streamlines the process of finding, using, and sharing that data. New improvements coming in 2021 release wave 1 include:
- A streamlined Home experience that helps users find data in Microsoft Teams more quickly.
- The ability to quickly create reports in Microsoft Teams just by copying and pasting data.
- A new experience for finding organizational data in Microsoft Teams to use for analysis in Power BI or Excel.
- Improved sign-up and trial activation flows for Microsoft Teams users.
- Built-in analytics for users to understand their personal Microsoft Teams usage of Power BI.
- Improved experiences for adding and exploring Power BI content in Microsoft Teams channels.
- New experiences for discovering the best-curated content from the Power BI community and using that content to find insights and inspiration for using Power BI.
Guide to enabling your organization to use Power BI in Microsoft Teams (blog)