Power Platform solutions can now include Power BI reports and datasets
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What is Microsoft Dataverse?. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
Some of the functionality described in this release plan has not been released. Delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released (see Microsoft policy). Learn more: What's new and planned
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Admins, makers, marketers, or analysts, automatically||Sep 15, 2022||To be announced|
Microsoft Power Platform application lifecycle management (ALM) now extends to Power BI reports and datasets. This allows deployment of comprehensive applications built using Power Apps, Power Automate, Microsoft Dataverse, and other Power Platform services. Power BI reports and datasets can be included as part of a Microsoft Power Platform solution for import, export, and customization.
Power Apps makers will be able to:
- Add Power BI reports and datasets to a solution.
- Connect Power BI mashup parameters to Power Apps environment variables.
- Import and export Power Apps solutions that include Power BI reports and datasets.
- Embed Power BI reports in model-driven apps.
- Use Power BI components to support managed and unmanaged Power Apps solutions operations.
Power BI creators will be able to:
- Include Power BI reports and datasets (import and DirectQuery) in Power Apps ALM solutions.
- Use Single Sign-On (SSO) for Microsoft Dataverse data sources deployed with the Power Apps solution.
- Customize deployed content in place with the ability to discard unmanaged changes.
- Create additive customization to managed solutions.
Power Platform admins will be able to:
- Deploy applications Power Platform solutions including Power BI reports and datasets.
- Have Dataverse data sources with SSO automatically configured with a solution.
- Configure other dataset data sources leveraging solution environment variables.