Power Apps and Power BI better together - include Power BI reports and datasets in a Power Apps solution
This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to What's new in Power BI?. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Power Platform release plans.
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Admins, makers, marketers, or analysts, automatically||Sep 19, 2022||-|
Power Apps solutions are a Microsoft Power Platform tool that enables users to deploy applications built using Power Apps, Power Automate, Microsoft Dataverse, and other Microsoft Power Platform services. Until now, it hasn't supported content developed in Power BI. With the release of this feature, Power BI reports and datasets can be included as part of a Microsoft Power Platform solution for import, export, and customization.
Power Apps makers will be able to:
- Add Power BI reports and datasets to a solution.
- Connect Power BI mashup parameters to Power Apps environment variables.
- Import and export Power Apps solutions with Power BI reports and datasets.
- Embed Power BI reports in model-driven apps.
- Use Power BI components to support operations in both managed and unmanaged Power Apps solutions.
Power BI creators will be able to:
- Include Power BI reports and datasets (import and DirectQuery) in Power Apps application lifecycle management (ALM) solutions.
- Use single sign-on (SSO) for Microsoft Dataverse data sources deployed with the Power Apps solution.
- Customize deployed content in place, with the ability to discard unmanaged changes.
- Add customization to managed solutions.