This content is archived and is not being updated. For the latest documentation, go to the Microsoft Power Pages documentation. For the latest release plans, go to Dynamics 365, Power Platform, and Cloud for Industry release plans.
Some of the functionality described in this release plan has not been released. Delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released (see Microsoft policy). Learn more: What's new and planned
The core platform provides makers with capabilities to configure, customize, and use as-is in low-code/no-code ways and extend using professional development techniques to meet business needs.
Typical areas that describe the core platform capabilities are:
- Content management system (CMS) capabilities to store webpages and site content.
- Data types and components, such as forms and lists, to allow a user to interact with data in Microsoft Dataverse.
- User authentication supporting OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, and SAML 2.0 standard protocols.
- Security using a robust role-based access control (RBAC) authorization model that provides granular control over permissions on webpages and data.
- A configurable global search that allows users to search content within a website.
- Extensibility options provided by code components, Web APIs, Liquid code, client-side scripts, custom style sheets, and web templates.