Implement calculated column capabilities inside formula columns
Some of the functionality described in this release plan has not been released. Delivery timelines may change and projected functionality may not be released (see Microsoft policy). Learn more: What's new and planned
|Enabled for||Public preview||General availability|
|Users by admins, makers, or analysts||Jan 2024||-|
This feature gives you the ability to define more calculations inside the formula columns than the legacy calculated field supports, so makers get to define these calculations in one place.
The goal of this feature is to address calculated columns capabilities that aren't currently supported inside the formula columns. Formula columns will eventually replace the classic calculated columns feature.
Here are some of the known gaps that formula columns don't support today:
- Creation of currency columns.
- Creation of whole numbers.
- Support for choice columns.
- Ability to change labels for choice columns (other than Yes/No).
- Number of formula columns at the table level.
- Support for floating fields.