What's new in the Exchange Online PowerShell module
This article lists new features in the Exchange Online PowerShell module that's used for connecting to Exchange Online PowerShell, Security & Compliance PowerShell, and standalone Exchange Online Protection (EOP) PowerShell. Features that are currently in preview are denoted with (preview).
- Version 3.1.0 has been released.
- The end of support for remote PowerShell in Exchange Online PowerShell (not in Security & Compliance PowerShell) has been announced. For more information, see Announcing Deprecation of Remote PowerShell (RPS) Protocol in Exchange Online PowerShell.
Version 3.0.0 has been released, and is now known as the Exchange Online PowerShell V3 module (abbreviated as the EXO V3 module):
- Version 3.0.0 is the Generally Availability (GA) release of the 2.0.6-PreviewX versions of the module.
- All Exchange Online PowerShell cmdlets are now backed by the REST API. Basic authentication in WinRM is not required in Exchange Online PowerShell for REST API cmdlets.
- Certificate based authentication (also known as CBA or app-only authentication) is available for Security & Compliance PowerShell.
For more information, see Updates for the EXO V3 module).
Submit and view feedback for