Get started using the connector module
The Dataverse connector (Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.CrmConnector.PowerShell) PowerShell module is used to connect with Common Data Service or Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (on-premises) and retrieve environment or organization details.
This module works with both Dataverse and Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement (on-premises).
Before you can use the PowerShell cmdlets, you have to register them.
- Download the Microsoft Dynamics 365 SDK package. Run the package file to extract the contents of the package. The PowerShell assembly (Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.CrmConnector.Powershell.dll) and the script (RegisterXRMTooling.ps1) for registering the cmdlets are located in the \SDK\bin folder in the SDK.
- Start Windows PowerShell on your computer with elevated privileges (run as administrator).
- At the prompt, change your directory to the folder that contains the PowerShell.dll file and the script for registering the cmdlets. For example:
- Run the RegisterXRMTooling.ps1 script to register the XRM tooling PowerShell assembly, and install the Windows PowerShell snap-in. Type the following command, and press ENTER:
- Add the Windows PowerShell snap-in. This registers the Get-CrmConnection and Get-CrmOrganizations cmdlets.
Now, run the cmdlets you want. More information: Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.CrmConnector.PowerShell Module Reference