Using the Certificates MMC Snap-in
You can verify the certificates on any server by examining the certificate list.
To open the certificate list
- On the Start menu, click Run, and then type mmc. Click Enter. This starts the Microsoft Management Console (MMC).
- In the console, click the File menu and then click Add/Remove Snap-in.
- In the Add/Remove Snap-in window, click the Add button.
- On the Snap-in list, select Certificates and then click Add.
- In the Certificates Snap-in window, select Computer account, and then click Next.
- In the Select Computer window, select Local computer or Another computer, and then click Finish. This adds the Certificates Snap-in to the list. Close the window.
- In the Add/Remove snap-in window, click OK. This adds the Certificates snap-in to the mmc console.
- Expand the Certificates node to see the different types of certificates.
The self-trusted certificate created with the Selfssl tool will be visible in the Certificates folder in the Personal and the Trusted Root Certification Authorities folders. It will have the name that you specified in /N:CN.