What is Connected Factory IoT solution accelerator?
While we update this article, see Azure Industrial IoT for the most up to date content.
Connected Factory is an implementation of Microsoft's Azure Industrial IoT reference architecture, packaged as on open-source solution. You can use it as a starting point for a commercial product. You can deploy a pre-built version of the Connected Factory solution into your Azure subscription from Azure IoT solution accelerators.
The Connected Factory solution accelerator code is available on GitHub.
Connected Factory includes the following features:
Industrial device interoperability
- Connect to industrial assets with an OPC UA interface.
- Use the simulated production lines (running OPC UA servers in Docker containers) to see live telemetry from them.
- Browse the OPC UA information model of the OPC UA servers from a cloud dashboard.
- Configure your OPC UA assets from the cloud dashboard (call methods, read, and write data).
- Publish and unpublish telemetry data from your OPC UA assets from a cloud dashboard.
- View telemetry previews directly in a cloud dashboard.
- View trends in telemetry data and create correlations using the Time Series Insights Explorer dashboard.
- See calculated Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) from a cloud dashboard.
- View industrial asset hierarchies in a tree topology as well as on an interactive map.
- View, acknowledge, and close alerts from a cloud dashboard.
Azure Time Series Insights
- Azure Time Series Insights is built for storing, visualizing, and querying large amounts of time-series data. Connected Factory leverages this service.
- Connected Factory integrates with this service enabling you perform deep, real-time analysis of your device data.
Rules and alerts
Configure threshold-based rules for alerts.
- Configure security permissions for users using role-based access control (RBAC).
- End-to-end encryption is implemented using OPC UA authentication (using X.509 certificates) as well as security tokens.
- Customize the solution to meet specific business requirements.
- Full solution source-code available on GitHub. See the Connected Factory preconfigured solution repository.
To learn more about the Connected Factory solution accelerator, see the Quickstart Try a cloud-based solution to manage my industrial IoT devices.