Add or remove a virtual hard disk
To add or remove a virtual hard disk
- Open the Administration Website.
- In the navigation pane, under Virtual Machines, point to Configure and then click the virtual machine.
- In Configuration in the lower part of the page, click Hard disks.
- Click Add disk.
- In Attachment, select the channel to use for this virtual hard disk.
- Do one of the following, and then click OK:
- In Known virtual hard disks, select the virtual hard disk to use.
- In Fully qualified path to file, type the fully qualified path to the virtual hard disk, including the file name.
To perform this procedure, you must have the appropriate permissions. If you do not have the appropriate permissions, you will either receive an error message or you will not be able to view certain menu items and options described in this procedure. To change your permissions, contact your Virtual Server administrator. For more information, see Securing Virtual Server. For instructions on opening the Administration Website, see "Open the Administration Website" in Related Topics. To perform this procedure, the virtual machine must be turned off; it cannot be running, paused, or saved. The maximum virtual hard disk size that can be used with Virtual Server depends on whether it is attached to a channel on the virtual IDE adapter or a virtual SCSI adapter. The IDE adapter supports virtual hard disks of up to 127 gigabytes and the SCSI adapter supports virtual hard disks of up to 2 terabytes. When typing paths to folders or files, note that local file paths (for example, C:<EM>my disk files\my disk.vhd) reference the computer running the Virtual Server service. If the file or folder that you want to reference is on a computer other than the one running the Virtual Server service, you must use a Universal Naming Convention (UNC) path (for example, \computer name\share\folder\file name). You can configure Virtual Server to display paths in selection lists. For instructions, see "Configuring Virtual Server search paths" in Related Topics.
Open the Administration Website
Configuring Virtual Server search paths
Creating Virtual Disks in Virtual Server
Configuring virtual machine startup