Disabling Bluetooth and Infrared Beaming
To disable file beaming over both Infrared Data Association (IrDA) and Bluetooth, you must do the following:
- Disable IrDA capabilities on the device by enabling the Turn off Infrared Group Policy setting.
- Disable beaming over Bluetooth by configuring the Allowed Bluetooth profiles Group Policy setting to remove the OBject EXchange (OBEX) profile from the list of allowed Bluetooth profiles.
Disabling IrDA alone does not disable the Beam CPL user interface if the OBEX profile is enabled.
To disable Bluetooth and IrDA beaming
Remove the OBEX profile from the list of allowed Bluetooth profiles.
- In the Group Policy Management Console, expand Group Policy Objects, and locate the target Group Policy object (GPO).
- Right-click the GPO, and then choose Edit.
- In the Group Policy Object Editor dialog box, expand Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Mobile Settings, and then select Platform Lockdown.
- In the details pane, right-click Allowed Bluetooth profiles, and then choose Properties.
- In the Allowed Bluetooth profiles dialog box, on the Setting tab, choose Enabled if not already enabled.
- Clear the OBEX Object Push Profile check box if it is not already cleared.
- Choose OK to close the Allowed Bluetooth profiles dialog box.
Disable IrDA capabilities.
- In the details pane, right-click Turn off Infrared, and then choose Properties.
- In the Turn off Infrared Properties dialog box, choose Enabled if not already enabled.
- Choose OK to close the Turn off Infrared Properties dialog box.