Use these APIs to work with a Team Foundation managed Symbol Service.
The Symbol Service contains the following REST resources:
- An Availability resource to inform the user whether the symbol service is enabled for the account.
- A SymbolRequest (or simply, request) resource which contains a list of groups of related debug entries, which describe symbolic debug information resources.
- A DebugEntries resource groups cross-request debug entries, facilitating entry querying across all requests.
- The SymSrv resource is a special resource to support Microsoft's SymSrv protocol, which is implemented by many existing clients (including, but not limited to, all Microsoft debuggers). One client-end implementation is symsrv.dll. All information from this resource is also available through DebugEntries, which should be preferred by any new clients. This resource is subject to deprecation at a future date.
Check availability of Symbol Service for the current account.
- Query the availability for the current VSTS account.
Perform regular operations on symbol requests.
- Create a new symbol request. This is usually followed by updating debug entries to the same request.
- Update a batch of debug entries to a non-sealed symbol request.
- Update a symbol request either by name or by identifier. This is usually used to seal the request.
- Get a symbol request either by name or by identifier.
- Delete a symbol request either by name or by identifier.
Perform symbol queries with Microsoft SymSrv protocol.
- Get a list of debug entries that match a client key
Get an executable file (possibly in an archived format) from the Symbol Service. The executable can be used to perform all the tasks listed above.