Microsoft Security Advisory 925444
Vulnerability in the Microsoft DirectAnimation Path ActiveX Control Could Allow Remote Code Execution
Published: September 14, 2006 | Updated: November 14, 2006
Microsoft has completed the investigation into a public report of this vulnerability. We have issued MS06-067 to address this issue. For more information about this issue, including download links for an available security update, please review MS06-067. The vulnerability addressed is the DirectAnimation Path ActiveX Vulnerability - CVE-2006-4777.
- You can provide feedback by completing the form by visiting the following Web site.
- Customers in the United States and Canada can receive technical support from Microsoft Product Support Services. For more information about available support options, see the Microsoft Help and Support Web site.
- International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries. For more information about how to contact Microsoft for international support issues, visit the International Support Web site.
- The Microsoft TechNet Security Web site provides additional information about security in Microsoft products.
The information provided in this advisory is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
- September 14, 2006: Advisory published.
- September 27, 2006: Advisory updated to advise of limited attacks that attempt to use this vulnerability.
- November 14, 2006: Advisory updated to reflect publication of security bulletin.
Built at 2014-04-18T13:49:36Z-07:00