Microsoft Security Advisory 960906
Vulnerability in WordPad Text Converter Could Allow Remote Code Execution
Published: December 09, 2008 | Updated: April 14, 2009
Microsoft has completed the investigation into a public report of this vulnerability. We have issued MS09-010 to address this issue. For more information about this issue, including download links for an available security update, please review MS09-010. The vulnerability addressed is the WordPad Word 97 Text Converter Stack Overflow Vulnerability - CVE-2008-4841.
- You can provide feedback by completing the form by visiting Microsoft Help and Support: Contact Us.
- Customers in the United States and Canada can receive technical support from Security Support. For more information about available support options, see Microsoft Help and Support.
- International customers can receive support from their local Microsoft subsidiaries. For more information about how to contact Microsoft for international support issues, visit International Support.
- Microsoft TechNet Security provides additional information about security in Microsoft products.
The information provided in this advisory is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers be liable for any damages whatsoever including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, loss of business profits or special damages, even if Microsoft Corporation or its suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply.
- V1.0 (December 9, 2008): Advisory published.
- V1.1 (December 15, 2008): Advisory updated to correct the workaround, Disable the WordPad Text Converter for Word 97.
- V2.0 (April 14, 2009): Advisory updated to reflect publication of security bulletin.
Built at 2014-04-18T13:49:36Z-07:00